The Minnesota Wom3n+
Healthy Brain Project
Our project is designed to be the world's first comprehensive assessment of brain status.
Team leaders Dr. Apostolos Georgopoulos and Margaret Mahan
- INPUT: Comprehensive database integrating key measurements across the lifespan
- Lifestyle, cognitive, behavioral, neural, genetics, etc.
- Process: Distill, extract, & combine
- OUTPUT: Characteristics of healthy brain status
Changes over time
Our research team members analyze, combine, and assess key measurements across the lifespan to determine how the healthy brain changes over time.
- Create an integrative, cross-sectional and longitudinal database of brain status derived from measurements of brain structure, function, and chemistry.
- Acquire brain data from healthy volunteers
- Organize key measurements into a comprehensive database
- Correlate brain status with genetic makeup, cognitive function, and language abilities.
- Validate results using the longitudinal data.
- Forecast future brain status and disease based on current and longitudinal measurements.
- Guide health care providers toward new interventions and evaluate interventions as they develop.